Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Selena Gomez Picks Justin Bieber Over Drake For Best New Artist Grammy

'I hope [Bieber] wins, but I love Drake as well,' she tells MTV News.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting Audrey Kim


Selena Gomez
Photo: Angela Weiss/ Getty Images

Selena Gomez may not be up for a Grammy this year, but she was on hand at the Grammy Nominations Concert Live special last week, where she helped announce the Song of the Year nominees alongside Foo Fighters frontman Dave Grohl. While that category may have some strong contenders, the Best New Artist category will certainly have everyone buzzing come Grammy night in February.

Acts like Florence and the Machine, Mumford & Sons and Esperanza Spalding are in the running, but the frontrunners seem to be two of America's favorite Canadians: Justin Bieber and Drake. So who does Gomez want to win?

"I would have to say Bieber just because I know how hard he works," she told MTV News at KIIS FM's Jingle Ball 2010 in Los Angeles over the weekend. "I hope he wins, but I love Drake as well. It's a really hard category so I don't know who's going to win, but of course I have to say Bieber."

Drake may be facing off against Bieber at the Grammys, but Gomez will face off against her pal at the People's Choice Awards in the Favorite Breakout Artist category. The other contenders include B.o.B, Bruno Mars and Ke$ha. But Gomez, who is nominated with her band the Scene, doesn't think she has a chance.

"I'm not going to win that, especially if it's People's Choice," she said. "I've completely accepted the fact that I will not be taking that one home, but I'm very excited to be nominated."

Related Photos Related Artists

Leonor Varela Katherine Heigl Natalie Portman Amanda Bynes Giuliana DePandi

No comments:

Post a Comment